Life is for the birds --
and the bees and the flowers and the trees and the moon up above, and a thing called love -- Jewel Akens

janisgore@gmail.com

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Now I remember why I haven't been cooking.

John Prine was my companion yesterday while I spent from 4 until 9:30 pm cooking a huge pot of beef/vegetable stew and pan cornbread.

I was whipped when I was done, and passed clean out when I went to bed at 11. Then woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 2 am.

I took a quart to the guy who does the yard, Jason picked up a quart after work, and I'll take a quart to my brother today. And I'll still have leftovers.

Come on over. It's not worth freezing because of the potatoes and carrots.

Speaking of which, my friend Glenda passed some advice to me the other day.

We both use chuck roasts as our stew meats. She said to build the entire base up to the point of adding the vegetables, then separate and freeze what you can't use for one meal.

Next time, all you have to do is thaw the base and add the vegetables in due time. Smart girl, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment